Man, it’s been a while since I’ve done one of these…
I got this tip from my colleague, Keith. Thanks for the tip!
Most of us have created replicas of databases before; sometimes the unread marks are synchronized, and sometimes they aren’t. An analyst from Lotus recently showed me a cool trick for pushing the unread marks from one replica to another.
1. You must first un-stack icons for this to work. After that is done, locate the two databases on the workspace:
2. Click on the ‘source’ database first. This is the replica that contains the desired unread marks set.
3. Press and hold the Shift key, then click on your ‘destination’ database. This is the replica with the bad set of unread marks.
4. Finally, click EDIT – UNREAD MARKS – EXCHANGE UNREAD MARKS
5. The ‘destination’ database should now have the same unread count as the ‘source’. More importantly, the unread marks in any given folder should match up.
**Important Note: Whichever replica you click first will be the ‘source’ database. Make sure that you select the correct icon first!