IBM has released IBM Traveler 184.108.40.206 to Fix Central. Looks like there’s a new ‘Tell’ command:
IBM Traveler 220.127.116.11 introduces a new Tell command called “DBMaint” to help with maintaining enterprise databases. DBMaint can be used to test database fragmentation levels, set scheduled maintenance, and run maintenance to reduce table index fragmentation. Information on DBMaint can be found in the tell command reference section of the product documentation.
Looks like a few fixes as well. Get your download from Fix Central and get upgradin’…
There was a issue reported to me by a very important colleague related to the To Do app running on his iPhone. When he tried to sync between the Traveler server and his device, he got this error:
After a quick call to IBM Support, I was given my answer:
There is a recently discovered problem in the ToDo app that causes HTTP requests to be malformed when the server redirects the requests. A fix will be published to the App Store, however, it may take 1-2 weeks to appear. In the meantime, the customer can avoid the issue by instructing the affected users to modify their account settings in the ToDo app. In the space reserved for the server
name, please use company.com/traveler instead of company.com, for example. This will avoid the HTTP redirects which trigger the problem and should allow the device to sync normally.
A quick fix, with a more permanent one coming… Well done, IBM!!!
I found out Friday that IBM Notes Traveler was available on at the Google Play Store. As I read the description, I noticed that the app was “compatible with IBM Notes Traveler server version 18.104.22.168 and later fixpacks, as well as 8.5.3 Upgrade Pack 1, 8.5.3 Upgrade Pack 2, and 9.x”, and since our server is in that range, I had to pull the switch!
The device worked great all weekend! Now to review that upgrade documentation…